Sunday, May 9, 2010










Today we give you part 1 of another 2-part show, Record Store Day Celebration. The idea Sam and I had was to go to a record store of our choosing, buy a bunch of stuff, and play some hot picks from our finds. See below? Those are them. Seeing that we do this very thing (go and buy music) quite often, this show was a literal no-brainer to fulfill. (My brain basically goes into cruise control when I step foot into Amoeba. Whatever I recall that I want, it goes in the basket.)

Please go support your local record store. If it's up to us, these musical meccas will never go obsolete. But, if we're being realistic, they will; we're just here to make sure they go later rather than sooner.

Here's what we bought:

Intro) My Morning Jacket "Off the Record"
1) Bad Sports "Last Cigarette"
2) Woody Allen "Introduction to Flick"
3) The Lovin' Spoonful "Pow"
4) Hot Dogs "Feel Real Fine"
5) Squarepusher "Iambic 9 Poetry"
6) Budos Band "Origina of Man"
7) Love "Everlasting First"
8) Ted Leo/Pharmacists "Where Was My Brain"
9) Derek & Clive "Nurse"
10) The Specials "Blank Expression"
Background) Miles Davis Miles Davis and the Modern Jazz Giants



Download the show

No comments:

Post a Comment